[ale] notepad

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Jan 23 16:49:24 EST 2002

Stone &/or mud tablets are a little before my time. My first computer
exposure was two years or so before the university pulled the card
punches. From cards to the editor SOS (Son of Shortstop?) was a tremendous
relief, as the keyboards were much nicer on the Decwriters than the
keypunch machines. I had so minimal exposure to TECO (predating Emacs I
think).

I don't use vi, and I do use emacs, but both are worlds above SOS on a
teletype.

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Jim wrote:

> Or, as the geezer-geek would say (in the voice of Dana Carvey's "angry
> old man):
>
> "I can remember when we had to enter our commands in a stone tablet! in
> Cuneiform!! 'Cuz that's the way it was. And we LIKED it!!"
>
> Geoffrey wrote:
>

> > Swantje Willms wrote:
> >
> >> When was that? I've happily been using Emacs for more than 10 years ;-P
> >

> > 11 years ago.. :)

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.