[ale] move?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 23 12:50:34 EST 2002

I'm afraid I disagree.  I mv files from one disc to another all the time
with mv.  Just did it.  mv foo from /home (/dev/hda1) to /top (/dev/hdb1).

Note, you've also made references to moving across files systems, which
could be a different thing as you can have file systems that are on the
same disk or not.

Might you be getting hard links mixed up with moving a file?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html