[ale] Recommendations for a SCSI-2 card?

Ben Ostrowsky ostrowb at tblc.org
Wed Jan 23 10:21:03 EST 2002

Hi folks -- a SCSI newbie here, as you'll soon see.

I'm building servers that have Ultra160 hard drives and an Ultra160
backup drive, and I ignorantly included a SCSI-2 DVD/CD-ROM drive on the
same chain.  (Duhhhh!  Why won't my hard drives go any faster?  Duhhhh!)

So to prevent the chain from downgrading to the speed of that drive, I'm
planning to add a simple PCI SCSI-2 card to handle the DVD/CD drive.

Any recommendations (Tekram? Adaptec? Other brand? What model?) would be
very welcome.

Ben