Re: [ale] Disk performance

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Jan 22 19:29:59 EST 2002

I didn't know the -t option existed..

What's really interesting is... I have write verify turned on on my
hard drive and I am getting:

on boot partition
Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  2.24 seconds = 28.57 MB/sec

on Raid 0 partition
Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  1.04 seconds = 61.54 MB/sec

Imagine what I could get with it turned off....

http://www.linux.com/enhance/tuneup/database.phtml/Filesystem/000075.html

>> > --
>> > Denny Chambers
>> > Quantum Corporation, Inc.
>> > Network Attached Storage Division
>> > Java Linux Engineer
>> > Phone: 251-478-5730
>> > Cell: 251-605-3446
>> > IM: bugfixer at jabber.org

>> But I don't want to go among mad people,
>> Alice remarked.
>> Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
>> we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
>> How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
>> You must be, said the Cat,
>> or you wouldn't have come here.
>>

>> ---
>> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
>> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

--
Michael Smith
msmith at mikeandmel.com