[ale] rsync and link files

Michael Still (mikes) MikeS at McBurney.com
Tue Jan 22 14:11:45 EST 2002

Let me explain a little more.  This system is an HP Netserver LPr that has a
2-slot hot-swap SCA backplane.  In a failure of sda I can pull out the first
disk and replace it with the 2nd.  My fstab remains the same and requires
almost no intervention to get the system running again.  That is as long as
something like this mirror works.

The backup disk will be sda when it is placed in the first slot because it
gets it's SCSI address via the backplane.

I have tried the bios= options to no avail.

My little script does do a chroot to the new disk so that pathnames are
relative to the mirrored system.  I tried both methods of chrooting (lilo -r
/path and traditional chroot) and it still doesn't work properly.  I do
think the chroot is required though.  Lilo also does not complain about
anything when it is run.

I will take a look at grub as well.

Michael Still (MikeS at McBurney.com)
System Administrator