[ale] Sort-Term Salaried Position

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Tue Jan 22 09:26:19 EST 2002

I am very interested.  Along with the other 20 people you are going to get
in response.

I have ~4 years of work experience with C.  I have been using it off and
on starting in 1991 (where I took a class in college).  I have also taken
some C exams on line and have done very well.  (I will send the links if
you are interested)

I have attached a text version of my resume.

---------------------------
Get inside Atlanta's Tech Scene - http://www.atlantageek.com
'Business Intelligence' is not an Oxymoron - http://www.intelliforge.com

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Chris Fowler wrote:

> Would anyone here be interested in a short-term to possible permanent salaried programming position.   99% of programming is done in C.  Maybe some web development.
>
> Chris
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

Tommie M. Jones
4075 Ridgefair Drive.
Cumming, GA 30040
Email:tj at atlantageek.com
Phone: (404) 271-0878

Summary of Qualifications
* Strong Unix Background, 7 years of experience
* Experience with barcode scanners (Intermec and Janus) and barcode printers (Intermec)
* Master's in Manufacturing Engineering, strong focus on Operations Research
* Experience with Object Oriented Methodologies
* In process of getting MBA at Georgia State University
* Developed Graphical counter for the now defunct http://www.navweb.com
* Developed Job Tracking graph on http://www.atlantageek.com
* Technologies: Oracle, XML, JDBC, Apache, CGI, Sockets, Oracle, MS Access, MySQL, ODBC, mod_perl, Unix and Windows 2000/NT
* Experience with LEX & YACC on the Unix platform
* Languages: Perl, PHP, Java, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL and shell scripts (ksh, bourne, sh, bash, csh)
* Unix Systems: (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, SCO, NCR)
* Team Lead on several projects customizing MRP systems for manufacturing companies.
* Extensive Infrastructure and Architecture experience
* Strong System Administration skills for the Unix Platform
* Strong networking knowledge including TCP/IP and Ethernet

Professional Experience
Oct. 2001 - Current
IBSS
Contract Developer
* Developing tools for development group in Perl and Unix Shell scripting.
* Part of Development team for custom manufacturing software.

Dec.2001 - Current (Part Time)
Developer
* Developing Perl/SQL based Web application that archives and indexes email from public mailing list.  The product is in beta testing at http://www.intelliforge.com (MailingList Archive)

May 2000 - Sept. 2001
SilverPop
Senior Developer
* Designed and Developed Content Management System (CMS) for a Dynamic Messaging System written in PHP, Perl and Java.  Since the CMS was a central component of the product, this required major requirement collection from other developers to make sure the product met its goal.
* Developed with SQL and Oracle as the database
* Designed and Developed User/Group/Role management component of the Dynamic Messaging System.
* Coded Unit Testing for automated testing system.
* Worked with QA and Product Support to resolve lingering issues.
* Developed mail tracking system using embedded html messages that tracked when and how email was opened (written in Java)
* Modified Apache Module written in C to connect to Silverpop's server application through sockets.
* Worked with XML and XSL.
* Developed mainly on Linux operating system.
* Converted CGI scripts to use mod_perl

1998 - May 2000
ICC/GR Software
Senior Developer and Release Engineer
* System Administrator for Linux, Unix, Sun, Solaris, HP and HP-UX systems
* Maintained last release of MES (Manufacturing Execution System) product written in C, C++ and Oracle SQL.
* Developed Intranet site that generated dynamic images with Perl/GD that graphed data from bug tracking database (Written in Oracle).
* Worked with development group to simplify and automate release procedures for main product
* Wrote Business case for the implementation of a Knowledge Management system.
* Wrote Several Unix tools in Perl and ksh, that monitored mission critical processes
* Worked with main development group to simplify release processes.
* Worked closely with Customers to make sure the product worked on their configuration of Unix/ Database versions.
* Maintained Infrastructure for development group
* Developed configurable Proxy server for SFDM's API written in C, LEX, YACC
* Converted code to New versions of HP-UX and Solaris and new version of Oracle
* Acted as Unix System Administrator and DBA for product development team

1995 - 1998
IBSS
 Developer/Team Lead
* Worked with AIX, HP-UX and NCR versions of Unix
* part of development team for proprietary application server that used
a lot of IPC functions (Shared memory, semaphores)
* Interfaced barcode scanners and barcode printers to Unix systems.
* Used ODBC to interface system to Relational Database.
* Assisted in design of custom manufacturing floor tracking application
* On Developmentent team for 4GL compiler project which used LEX & YACC.
* Team Lead of small team that customized Manufacturing system for customer.  Duties included making sure project was on time and interfacing with clients.
* Worked closely with Customers to solve issues and do training.
* Maintained order processing system that included manual order entry and EDI
* Maintained Project written in Perl

Skills
Operating Systems:
Unix, Linux

Software
WordNet, Apache, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office

Programming, Protocols and Mark-Up Languages:
C, C++, 4GL, SMTP, Perl {LWP, GD}, CGI, Javascript, Java, HTML, JDBC, XML,
LDAP

Databases:
Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft Access

Education
2001 - Current: Georgia State University, Atlanta Ga
Masters of Business Administration

1993 - 1995: North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC
Masters of Engineering Major: Integrated Manufacturing
Systems

1989 - 1993: North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Science Major: Computer Science Minor: Industrial Engineering