[ale] OT: corporate finance 101

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 21 21:40:42 EST 2002

> Ick! Maybe Scott Adams is not doing the world a favor by publishing more
> ways companies can screw their customer, employees and interns.
>
> But then, executive types don't read Dilbert, do they?

I just recently read this -
http://free.freespeech.org/normansolomon/dilbert/book/ - and after
having sone so, I don't think I'm going to look at Dilbert the same way
again.

Maybe it's a function of reading too much F--kedCompany.com, maybe it's
a function of being laid off twice in two years, but it occurs to me
that this industry has become too large and employs too wide a range of
people (in terms of experience and salary level) to go on without some
sort of protection mechanism in place for its workers, whether it's
unions or employment contracts with worker-friendly exit clauses.

All kinds of businesses are depending on us.  How would YOU feel to find
out that the ISP that hosts your business' e-commerce site has more
turnover in its techs and engineers than the corner McDonalds?

- Jeff