[ale] AOL in talks to buy RedHat!!!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 19 21:46:39 EST 2002

Robert Heaven wrote:

> As in any war, there will be casualties and sacrafices must be made. Is
> it too much to ask to sacrafice RedHat in order to gain 20-to-30 million
> new Linux users? Now all we need is for Intuit to get a clue and get on
> board and we can gain another 50 million.

You're kidding right?  How many AOL users do you think are going to use
Linux?  How many of them know nothing but Windows and use all kinds of
windows software.  How long do you think it will take AOL to produce a
version of Linux that runs these software packages?

I don't know what AOL wants with Red Hat, but it's not to put AOL users
on it...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html