[ale] AOL in talks to buy RedHat!!!

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Sat Jan 19 20:17:35 EST 2002

Michael Golden wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand how AOL messed up Netscape. I personally like
> Mozilla and its offspring better than Netscape 4.x. What did I miss?
>
> Michael

<Opinion on how to run a company supporting OpenSource>

   I don't think AOL has done much of anything to hamper Moz.  It has held back NS6 a bit, but I think that is just to get the features (AIM) into they want you to have.

   Given the funding AOL has, they could have put more coders (they already have a few) on the Netscape payroll to actively work on Moz.  It is my understanding that most of their NS payroll folks do cleanup and add features to Moz before it becomes the next release of NS 6.x.

</Opinion on how to run a company supporting OpenSource>

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith