[ale] dual booting RedHat7.2 and Win2k

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 19 16:05:41 EST 2002

Ok so I gave this a try and it didn't work.  I got Win2k installed fine.
 I booted Linux into rescue mode and tried to reinstall grub.  Windows
reformatted /boot to FAT16.  I used mke2fs to change the file system
back and reinstalled grub.  Grub sees /boot as ext2fs but fdisk is still
seeing it as FAT16.  Grub still doesnt work.  I am able to boot into the
gui from a floppy but with errors that /dev/hda1 (/boot) cant be
mounted.  I assume that mount is trying to mount it as ext2fs but sees
it as FAT16.   Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Any and all
help is appreciated.

Jeff