[ale] Monitor Repair Shops?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 19 08:31:02 EST 2002

rob hoppe wrote:

> Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>This place is not that close, off i85 above the perimeter, but I got it
>>from someone else on this list, and I was pleased with their efforts and
>>prices.
>>
>>Multi-User Solutions.
>>Call 770-638-6999 John Wanek.
>>
>>Danny Cox wrote:
>>

> MUS will only fix 17" and above but they are good.

I don't have the flier in front of me, but I recall they'll fix smaller
monitors, although these days, it's probably easier to buy another then
to pay someone to fix one.

They looked at two monitors for me.  One was damaged when it was shipped
to me.  They repaired the power supply board which was cracked, but it
still had problems.  They finally determined it was a loss.  I think I
paid them $50 for their time.

My current 20" spent a good two weeks their while they attempted to
troubleshoot a problem with it.  Although they spent quite a bit of time
on it, they still only charged me their flat rate, which I was pleased with.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html