[ale] USB CompactFlash Readers on Linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 18 16:00:52 EST 2002

Denny Chambers wrote:

> I ordered the SDDR-31. $15.74 at www.pagecomputers.com.
>
> So it mounts as a scsi device, that is kind of strange.

Stranger still, my Sony camcorder's memory stick mounts as a scsi
device.  So here I am with my Sony camcorder hooked up via usb and I'm
trying to let my mom view some images.  My mom says she doesn't see
anything, I check it out, mumbled something like, 'oh, I need to mount
my camcorder.'  I hear, "WHAT??" from the other end of the phone...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html