[ale] What is safe to delete?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jan 18 10:50:04 EST 2002

Hi all,

Another question...

A guy I contracted with to set up a box for me made the / partition 3 GB.  Well, this should be enough, but this thing is almost full.

Is there an easy way to find out what is taking up so much space?

Also, is there a way to make the ls -al listing show the size of the Directories?  Not just the directory *entries*, but how much disk space all of the files in that directory are taking up on disk?

Thanks

Charles