[ale] two ale meetings??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 16 20:28:56 EST 2002

Chris Ness wrote:

> On January 15, 2002 06:53 am, Swantje Willms wrote:
>
>>Compared to Kennesaw, Emory seems centrally located to me. Kennesaw is not
>>near to anywhere MARTA goes. I think I'd never come to a meeting there.
>>

> Kennesaw? Could you get much farther from a central point for all of us in
> Gwinnett? Rome maybe? I  stopped coming when we moved from GA Tech to the
> Western Perimeter and haven't started back since we came to Emory - mostly
> 'cause I haven't figured out the parking and location yet.

Not to be an ass, but I didn't even consider the possibility that anyone
in Gwinnett would attend at KSU. The proposal was not made to find a
central location, it was made because I was aware of a number of folks
in this vicinity who have similar Linux interests and are regulars on
the list, but not at the meetings.

I wouldn't travel to Rome for a meeting.

I'd suggest that those folks who can't make it to the Emory meeting for
whatever the reason find out who around you has interest in getting
together.  I figured if there weren't but a couple of folks, I'd offer
to meet in my basement, but it appears there are more then enough to
warrant a meeting in a facility.  Not to mention the fact that it could
well grow the organization by adding folks from the KSU staff/student
bodies.

> And as to Gwinnett Public Transit, it doesn't go where you want to go or when
> you want to

Tell Gwinnett County.

> And even if Cobb and Gwinnett by luck were to run through MARTA
> at mating times, you would be looking at a longer ride time than I could
> drive to Greenville SC.

Your point???

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html