[ale] ppp server again

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 16 17:59:07 EST 2002

Keith Hopkins wrote:

> Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> I'm still stuck on this ppp server stuff.  Although I've got debug
>> turned on, all I'm getting in my log is:
>>
>> "Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument"
>>
>> I've checked the ppp args and they are all valid.  Anyone have a clue
>> here?
>>

> Your argument is invalid :-)  Tell us more, what args are you using?
> post your config file et.al.

Well, I've even attempted to remove all arguments to ppp and I still get
this error.  Weird.  The options I'm using are:

nodetach
require-pap
refuse-chap
netmask 255.255.255.0
asyncmap 0
modem
crtscts
lock
proxyarp
debug

All set in the /etc/ppp/options file.  I created an empty options file
and I still get the same error message.

The message is prefaced by the message:

Jan 16 17:55:31 denali modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module tty-ldisc-3

Which I can't find any documentation for at all.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html