[ale] iptables-save

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jan 16 14:17:59 EST 2002

It will not cause a problem. I suspect that the cause of the failure
using the /etc/sysconfig/iptables is the manual save is not saving the
counter data.

Launch your firewall with the script that works. save it with:
iptables-save -c > iptables-save-data

copy that to /etc/sysconfig/iptables. Run "/etc/init.d/iptables restart"
Now run "iptables -L" to see what's running. Should be running OK.