[ale] Sound from CD not working...

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Jan 16 12:42:40 EST 2002

Brian J. Dowd writes:
 > All the levels are at or above 64 in aumix, XMixer 2.2 and in gmix all
 > the volume settings
 > are up near the top. How do I tell if I'm taking "imput from the CD"?

The soundcard takes all the mixer inputs and mixes them to produce the
output. If you CD level is over 64 then you should be getting sound
from it.

My first guess was that the audio cable from the CD to the soundcard
was not attached, but since you can play under other OSes, that can't
be it.

I'm stumped,

Michael