[ale] Printing ps/pdf files

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Jan 16 11:34:25 EST 2002

James P. Kinney III writes:
 > You might be able to convert A4 to letter by running it through "mpage
 > -1 -bLetter file.ps > fileout.ps "
 >
 > Likewise, look at the .ps file near the top (relative). Is will have a
 > PageSize . If the value is not letter, then it's trying to print a
 > different paper size. I don't know of a way to scale a postscript
 > document.

Actually, it is pretty easy if you are willing to hack the source.
IIRC, you can add a couple of lines at the beginning of the postscript
to change the scale factor.  This is essentially what mpage does.  Of
course, I don't remember the commands at all and I don't have my
PostScript manual here.

--Michael