[ale] Kennesaw LUG (was Re: [ale] two ale meetings)

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 11:29:20 EST 2002

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way possible
for everyone to be happy with location.

Considering that, I suggest KSU be pursued by those of
us who are willing to attend there.  In addition to
being a convenient location for some, we have the
potential of attracting many more members from the
academic community.

If you find you're in a different location and wish
the meetings were more within your reach, then
consider starting your own.  I don't really see the
groups as  replacements for Ale...more like outreach
programs.  Those of use who work 12 hour days and
can't afford the time it would take to drive to and
from Emory can still reap benefit by attending
localized smaller groups.  I don't see why there can't
be an Alpharetta LUG, Marietta LUG, Gwinnett Tech LUG,
etc.  As long as there's interest, there's potential.

Just my two cents.  I for one am very excited about
being able to meet with others closer to home.

John