[ale] Set MAC address on bootup

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Wed Jan 16 10:41:36 EST 2002

That does set the MAC address on startup (in xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx format -
didn't work w/ dots).

ifconfig shows that I did pull an IP address from BellSouth; however, I
cannot access the Internet. If I try to ping I get an "Operation not
permitted" error. If I try to access a Website I get a "host unknown" error.

If I start up control-panel and go to Interfaces and deactivate the NIC,
then activate it, I get Internet access. What's the difference between doing
this and having it activate at bootup (atboot=yes)???

Thank you,
Mike Millson
AableTech Solutions, Inc.
770.414.8834