[ale] Printing ps/pdf files

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Wed Jan 16 09:46:23 EST 2002

All -

I downloaded a manual in ps format which apparently doesn't have a top
margin.  The problem is that the header on each page is placed along
the very top edge which falls in the no-print zone of the 3 different
printers I've tried.

I've tried viewing and printing it w/ gv and I've also converted to a pdf
w/ ps2pdf and used Adobe Acrobat Reader and others to try and force it to
'fit to page' etc in an effort to recenter it.

I'm wondering if there's some way to convert the ps file to some other
document layout format (Latex?), reformat it and convert it back to ps/pdf
for printing, but I have no idea where to start.  Better yet, is there
some way to force the existing ps file to insert a top margin on each
page?

Anyone care to share a clue?

Thanks in advance.

                               Chris Egolf