[ale] two ale meetings??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 16 09:29:15 EST 2002

rhiannen wrote:

> um, how 'bout all of us North EAST of Atlanta?  The drive to Emory
> is just as far coming in from Lake Lanier area* as from Kennesaw...
> which is why I don't go to ALE meetings as it is...
>
> I'd go to North ALE meetings in the Alpharetta area - central
> location for the Northern 'burbs, but Kennesaw would be completely
> out of the question....

Alpharetta central??  Alpharetta is east of Atlanta and more North of
Atlanta than Kennesaw.  It might be 5 miles closer to Atlanta's
longitude, but the distance north more then makes up for it's eastern
proximity.  I wouldn't travel to Alpharetta anymore then you'd travel to
Kennesaw.

I don't think we want this thing to fracture into multiple meetings, but
it's reasonable to consider which would have the greatest draw, n-w or
n-e of Atlanta.  Dare I ask?

It'd be nice if there was somewhere half way between Alpharetta and
Kennesaw, but it's pretty much desolate between the two.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html