[ale] new linux box

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 16 00:15:41 EST 2002

> Also, don't skimp on the cpu cooling system! 2 cpu's is easily more than
> double the heat loading of a single cpu system. The memory chips can
> start to get warm with a multi-cpu system as well as the extra
> throughput on the system chipset. Fans are good. Concider an input fan
> providing air around the cpus as well as multiple output fans on the
> case.

They sell an Antec case at CompUSA that is really nice.  Comes with two
fans that snap into housings in the upper rear, but you can just as
easily put them in housings in the lower front, as I did.  I also bought
central air vent filters at Home Depot, cut them up, stuck magnetic tape
on them, and placed them over the fan holes.

I was striking out all over trying to find cases that would accept fans
in the lower front until I found this.

- Jeff