[ale] Why it runs from one directory but not the other.

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Tue Jan 15 19:40:38 EST 2002

I use pair for web hosting (since 97 )  And I have a script that I would
like to run by cronjob.

The way pair does their home directorys is inside your home directory
there is another directory called public_html

When I am in my home directory I cannot get my perlscript to run.  It
locks up trying to access a POP account.  I am running the script by
giving the full path by the way.

when I cd into public_html or any directory below there and try to run the
script, I am successful.

Any suggestions why being on one side of the link or the other matters.

By the way they use freebsd but I hope someone here will have the answer
anyway.