[ale] Who has the best drives? Was Re: [ale] Just an FYI for those using UDMA hard drives and RH 7.2

Kyle Lussier lussier at autonoc.com
Tue Jan 15 15:22:35 EST 2002

> Just my two cents worth. I have always preferred SCSI drives but

I have had incredible luck with the new Seagate 15,000 Ultra160
18 gig drive.  It's a bit pricey, but you can't beat 3.9ms!

Specs: http://www.bellmicro.com/spotlight/seagate/ST318451LW.asp

Because it spins so fast, it does get very very hot however (I
wouldn't touch it bare skinned) though, which apparently is fine
and fully tested.  While I haven't done it, I'd be a little bit
careful before stacking 10 of these together tightly in a closed
boxl

As an aside, I would like to say hello to all the Atlanta area
Ale members, from a fellow enthusiast.  I hope to attend a meeting
sometime in the future.

Kyle Lussier
AutoNOC LLC