Re: [ale] Just an FYI for those using UDMA hard drives and RH 7.2

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Jan 15 13:51:19 EST 2002

I don't know for sure if it needs to be sent to that list or not.  I should
probably monitor the list to see if it's a common problem.  I did leave out
one major thing......  I am also using raid0 on the 2 drives.  This
probably complicates things even more....

I haven't tried using other drives since all I buy are Maxtors and IBM(this
drive is on my wifes pc and I don't want to mess with it).  I had several
Western Digitals crash on me in the past so I don't buy them.  I could
definitely repeat the steps to make it happen, though....

--
Michael Smith
msmith at mikeandmel.com