[ale] OT: Weird Solaris stuf

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at ptek.com
Tue Jan 15 11:08:03 EST 2002

Robert is right. hostname.InterfaceName contains the hostname for the
interface (hostname.InterfaceName) to be brought up.
/etc/hosts has the ip for the hostname. /etc/inet/netmasks has the netmask
information for the subnet of that host.

An optional file people may add to designate default gw.
/etc/defaultrouter