[ale] FTP question

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Mon Jan 14 17:39:47 EST 2002

I know this has to be fairly easy, but I can't figure out how to do it...

How do I set up permissions so that an anon ftp user can access a share, but
*not* be able to browse it (see the files).  For example, they should be
able to enter "ftp://ftp.site.com" into their Browser, and get a 'blank'
window to the share that contains files that the user cannot see (they
could, however, upload a file by dragging/copying it into the window), but
that they can d/l if they know the name of it (I would email them the link,
including the file name).

Also, he should not have execute permissions so that if he enters the
filename into a Browser, it will prompt to d/l the file rather than open it.

TIA

Charles