[ale] PHP vs. Perl

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Thu Jan 10 14:33:45 EST 2002

There's also a fourth approach, where you can use a generic or custom-built
back-end app written in Perl, Java or some other language that performs
processing of XML-expressed information flows (static or dynamically-
generated), usually in conjunction with XSLT (transformation stylesheets) to
achieve the desired [X]HTML output. It's a bit more complex, but it seems to
be where much of the industry is headed (Vignette StoryServer, for ex.).