[ale] selling stuff

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Jan 9 20:31:18 EST 2002

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 15:05, you wrote:
> Actually what does anyone think of this?
>
> I mean from time to time I have stuff I wanna unload however I came
> from Cleveland and people weren't to huge on this kind of stuff on the
> list (CLUG).

IMHO, computer hardware, related electronics and books with a Linux
relevance seem pretty (obviously) appropriate "For Sale" posts to this
list.

Any other FS posts should probably use another forum (after allowing that
"related electronics" can be a very loosely interpreted standard with
your average geek).

> I actually like the idea cause I would rather buy something from a
> local geek that someone on ebay how may not care that what you get!
>
> What about a separate list for selling stuff?

I concur that selling to local contacts with a shared interest can be a
nicer experience, but ebay and similar forums will reach a whole lot more
potential customers. I doubt an ALE specific FS list would have enough
audience to make it useful.

peace
(after justice)
aaron