[ale] http url redirection?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Jan 9 12:21:06 EST 2002

Gonna break this down kinda weird.

nslookup on these gives this:
  site1.company.com = 10.10.10.15
  site2.company.com = 10.10.10.15
  site3.company.com = 10.10.10.15

  Each site corresponds to a different physical web server.  The server iron
switches we use can read a decrpyted URL and switch the traffic as needed
to host1, host2 or host3.  Life is good.  Multiple sites using 1 IP.

  New twist.  SSL.  The server irons can't read the URL inside an encrypted
packet.  On a 1 to 1, I can use stunnel to listen on the IP and Port,
decrypt the packet and forward on to my single host.  Doesn't appear it
can do 1IP to many though.

  I'm looking at the thought of using apache instead of stunnel and vhosts
with url redirection.

Has anyone set this up?  Can it be done?  Anyone have any better thoughts?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: