[ale] fbdev and XFree86 4.1.0

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 20:44:32 EST 2002

I'm giving up on the ct65550 drivers and X 4.1.0 (can
get 640x480 but not 800x600).  I'd like to use the
framebuffer drivers as the RedHat install program
works at 800x600 with 3.3.6.

Having a little trouble getting fbdev to work.  If
anyone else on the list uses it, could you please send
me your XF86Config and XF86Config-4 as examples.
Also, does anyone know how to configure it using
xf86config or XF86Setup?

Thanks,
John