[ale] apache help resolution

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Sat Jan 5 21:54:19 EST 2002

Hi folks,
    Thanks to the people who responded to my pleas!  I was able to figure it
out after all.  It WAS a "permissions/ownership" problem.  To make a long
story short, I was having trouble untarring the calendar app .tgz file in
KDE in Mandrake 8.0.  The archiver app made a mess of the untar attempt.  I
went to a command line untar attempt and that was successful (the previous
times I had untarred the file using Stuffit on a Mac (hey, it worked but the
owner of the files went weird).  The app has an installer script that would
run, but again the owner problems would appear and the app wouldn't run.
After using a proper Linux command line untar command, the program installed
perfectly, and I had just a few loose ends to tie up before it would run
properly.  Geez, Louise, this hurt my brain!  Thanks again for the tips!

-Bob K.
--
Robert E. Karaffa, II
e-mail: rkaraff at emory.edu