[ale] sound card set up

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 5 19:23:37 EST 2002

I don't know about utilities in Debian, since I run RedHat. But get out
your sound card's documentation and get ready for a kernel recompile.
You will be compiling in at least two modules: soundcore and the module
for your card. When you boot the new kernel, be sure the modules show
when you run lsmod. After that, be sure to set your volume levels using
whatever mixer program you have. Then test it all with a CD or whatever
sound source you have. Those are the basics.