[ale] mp3 decoder for linux

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 19:43:36 EST 2002

> Microphone -> MP3 -> Network -> Client -> Speaker

That's easy. :) Use LiveICE, Icecast, and xmms/winamp. LiveICE will
capture the audio from you microphone, and send it to the Icecast server
which will then broadcast it out over a network on port 8000 (or
whatever you tell it to) and then just use xmms/winamp or anything else
that supports Shoutcast/Icecast and it will do it. I've never actually
tried it with LiveICE to stream from a microphone but I have used
Icecast before.

Michael