[ale] help w/apache

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Fri Jan 4 12:37:30 EST 2002

Hi there,

OK. The problem is not apache and I don't guess that it has anything to do
with permissions. The error  "premature end of script headers" usually tells
you that there is an error in the cgi it is trying to run.

Is this a perl script?

Thanks
Ken

> Hi folks,
>     I'm new to this list and relatively new to Linux.  I'm setting up
>     an
> online-scheduling system on a Linux box running Mandrake 8.0, Apache as
> the web server.  The online-scheduling system is from greathill.com
> (calendars for the web).  I'm having trouble getting the program to
> run.  Keep seeing "premature end of script headers" in the httpd_error
> log, and the interface gives an internal server error.  I've been doing
> some sleuthing on the net but haven't been able to fix this yet (dammit
> all to heck!).  I'm not sure what the problem is (permissions,
> suexec?).  I had it working once after many hours of troubleshooting,
> then I got too ambitious for my own good and decided to reinstall Linux
> and the calendar app (not too smart for a college boy, are ye?).
> Anybody willing to give me a hand, I'd sure appreciate it (anybody near
> Emory?).
>
> -Bob K.
> --
> **************************
> Robert E. Karaffa, II
> Technical Director
> Emory University
> Flow Cytometry Core Facility
> 1365 B Clifton Rd., Room B5133
> Atlanta, Ga 30322
> voice: 404/712-4429
> e-mail: rkaraff at emory.edu
> be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.