[ale] PHP vs mod_php......

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Jan 3 19:05:01 EST 2002

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your input - this clears up a lot for me.  Just a couple of
follow-up questions, if you don't mind...

a) Is there a good how-to somewhere explaining how I can run two separate
versions of Apache/mod_php (4.06 and 4.1.1) (assuming this is even
practical)

and

b) How to make Apache use mod_php (ie, do I have to recompile, or just make
a config change).

Since it is a module, I am tempted to ass-u-me that I won't have to
recompile?

I have found some info in some docs on compiling Apache with mod_php
support, but nothing on RPM based distro pre-installations.

Thanks again

Charles