[ale] Looking for OS software.

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Wed Jan 2 10:36:27 EST 2002

I agree this is part of what I need.  However I was having problems with
the Gui Component.  What I was looking for was something to have stored
screen definitions on the server side.  By screen definitions I mean Forms
(Field Entry), Tables (table listings similar to the main screen on most
email clients) and events.  Whenever an event occurs such as leaving a
field or pressing a button, all changed data would be sent to the server.
Then the server will respond with either updated data or a new screen to
be displayed.

In Gui development all this stuff is taken for granted, I assumed with all
the client/server applications that are out there (Though that is nothing
compared to the web-based applications that have taken over the open
source movement lately)  there would be code that would already provide a
core for this.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it because I will
probably end up writing this if I can't find it.

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene