[ale] what if ....

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 1 20:43:17 EST 2002

belive if you can go into safe mode on W2K and delete all the hardware you do
nto have it should be fine.  I think that it may be fine anyway.  Our
IT guys did this when people got new machines and they did not want to reload
all the software.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Chris

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jeff Rose
  [mailto:jojerose at mindspring.com]Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002
  8:42 PMTo: ale at ale.orgSubject: [ale] what if
  ....Hello All,   I started using Linux
  about 6 months ago so bear with my simple questions.   I recently got a
  new computer /*Woo Hoo*/ and loaded Red Hat 7.2.  I want to take the
  drive from the old computer and add it to the new.  It is dual booted
  with SuSE 7.1 and Win2k.  My question is... When I add the drive will it
  be possible to boot into Win2k or will it freak out because the hardware is
  different?  I want to keep the dual boot setup for the non-Linux types in
  the house and I seem to have misplaced the Win2k install disk.
   Thanks for the hepJeff Rose