[ale] Secrets to coimpiling on RH7.2

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 28 08:38:01 EST 2002

It really depends on the failure message. Most common failure on a
pristine RH box, missing *-devel package for compiling.

Sometimes, it works OK to just run rpm --rebuild foo.src.rpm. If EVERY
devel package is already installed !!

There have been times where the compile failure is due to a code bug.
This is a management issue with RedHat. They have released the incorrect
src.rpm. They released the development version instead of the working,
patched version.