[ale] X applications in windows?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Feb 27 08:40:45 EST 2002

You fire up vncserver on your Unix box.  You then fire up vncviewer on
your windows box.  I just did this.  I'm looking at a window with an
xterm in it on my windows box.

Actually, I connected to my wife's windows box via vncviewer from my
Linux box.  Then I fired up vncviewer on the Windows box. :)  I guess I
could keep this going, kinda like a camcorder viewing a tv that's
displaying what the camcorder is recording. :)

By the way, you can tune your desktop on the windows box.  I've actually
had gnome running on my windows vncviewer. :)

For more on this:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/faq.html#q16

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net