[ale] Bulk Email (sorta)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 27 07:46:12 EST 2002

Can you say "Perl"?! This is an ideal use for Perl. Identify a delimiter
separating the bugs in the database.

foreach $bug (@buglist){
&extract_data;
&mail_notice
}

sub mail_notice{
there are examples of exactly how to send emails from perl in the every
perl book. Basically build a string with the text of your message with
your template
}

sub extract_data{
since you know the general format of the buglist, you can do some splits
and slices to pull out the exact strings you want while assigning them
to the variables for your template.
This is perls strength.
}

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>