[ale] Invitation to Free IBM Web Services Seminar in Atlanta on Tuesday, March 19

bieb bieb at law.emory.edu
Tue Feb 26 15:12:12 EST 2002

Larry asked me to forward this to everyone.

Harold
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear ALE Leadership:

I am writing with the hope of reaching the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
leadership.  I would like to first introduce myself and also to
notify you
of a great IBM developer event coming up on Tuesday, March 19.

I am a member of IBM's Developer Relations team and I work closely
with
user groups to provide access to IBM resources and to notify them of
IBM
developer education opportunities.  In an effort to become more
active in
the Atlanta software developer community, we are coordinating this
event.

The information that follows details our upcoming world wide series
of Web
Services seminars.  We will be hosting a full-day session in Atlanta
on
Tuesday, March 19.  The event is a free and features accomplished
speakers,
technical and broad level Web Services content, Q&A sessions as well
as
free trial software CD's.

On behalf of the Developer Relations department, we'd like to invite
the
members of your user group to take part in the event.  We are limited
to 80
attendees, so please register as soon as possible.  Please feel free
distribute this to your membership.

Thanks very much and we look forward to seeing you on March 19th,

Brian G. Cooley
Developer Community Manager
IBM
6710 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817-1826
email:    cooleyb at us.ibm.com

Web Services Briefing Days
Presented by IBM developerWorks and PartnerWorld for Developers

Are you a developer, product manager, or software architect
interested in
learning how to develop, deploy and manage Web services? If so, this
technical seminar, brought to you by IBM developerWorks and
PartnerWorld
for Developers, is for you! In this intensive one-day seminar, taking
place
in 20 cities around the globe, IBM experts will review the standards
initiatives behind Web services technologies, their future roadmap,
the
latest Web services tools and real-world implementations.

There is no charge for this seminar but space is limited.  Register
now at:
http://www.developer.ibm.com/spc/events/web_services.html

Attend this technical seminar and learn how to:
 - Develop and deploy Web services using the latest tools, including
the
IBM Web services Toolkit 3.0.
 - Use IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer to extend Java
components
as Web services using WSDL.
 - Implement Web Services Hosting Technology to provision and meter
Web
services without changing code or the actual service implementation.

   Plus, receive IBM Software products that support Web services,
development tools, helpful tutorials, and insightful articles.

Seminar highlights:
 - Real-world Implementations - How developers are implementing Web
services today
 - The Web services Framework - The latest updates to the key Web
services
technologies under consideration by W3C
 - SOAP - Developing and deploying SOAP-enabled Web services
 - UDDI Programming - Registry Operations and Programming with UDDI4J
v2
 - IBM WebSphere Application Developer - Extending new and existing
applications as Web services
 - Web services Hosting Technology - Provisioning and metering of Web
services
 - RAS and Web services - Security, authentication and assertion
 - Web services Stack and WebSphere Application Server 4.0
 - Emerging Web services Technologies  - WSFL, WSIL, WSUI, etc.
 - Developer Support - IBM Web services Toolkit 3.0, Resources, Tools,
Products, Web sites, Partner support, Education, etc.

Prerequisites: Participants should have basic skills in Java
technology and
HTML, and experience in core XML technology.

Space is limited.  Register now at:
http://www.developer.ibm.com/spc/events/web_services.html

Event Location:

 IBM Lakeside/Hillside Facility