[ale] OT - installing a windows service - under vmware on linux

Gene Matthews gene at mmc-inc.com
Tue Feb 26 14:05:23 EST 2002

This is really a windows question I suppose....

I'm trying to get the seti at home cmdline version for win2k set up as a
service on my windows vm (vmware 3.x on linux).

It looks like I need an executable called instsrv.exe

I cant find that file anywhere on my system (I don't have the CD with me
at the moment to search it).  It doesn't appear to be downloadable from
the MS site.  I found one reference that says it comes with the Windows
2000 Resource Kit, whatever that is.

So, anyone know if this is available anywhere, or do I have to purchase
this Resource Kit?

Thanks,

Gene
--