[ale] Squid Question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Feb 25 22:21:15 EST 2002

    Chris> Does anyone know if it is possible to redirect and IP to 1
    Chris> web page with squid between certain hours?

    Chris> In detail, how can I redirect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to
    Chris> www.usatoday.com between 7pm and 9pm.  no matter what site
    Chris> the enter, they only get www.usatoday.com

        You'll need to write a custom redirect script.  Basically,
squid can pass any URL requested to an external process and that
process can either return the request unaltered, block the request, or
tell squid to redirect to a new location alltogether.

        Check the squid docs for more details, or look at ad-zapper
for an example of what can be done with one (it's a redirect script
which turns squid into an ad blocking proxy).

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=