[ale] Flash/Shockwave and other plug-ins?

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Feb 22 22:37:42 EST 2002

David Corbin wrote:
> What do yo folks do when a site you want to access requires a plug-in.
> I'm not talking about just for some silly "splash screen".  I mean for
> it to function.
>
> 1) Just installed whatever they want me to.

   Only if I'm really interested in what the plug-in will do.  (like Virtual 3D or something)

> 2) Install it if you know what it is (like Flash)

   Already have Java & Shockwave in Mozilla

> 3) Never installl it, and ignore the site

   Depends on if it a site I REALLY need to access or not (like my bank).

> 4) Complain to the site people (are they anything like  pod people?)

   Definitely if it is a site I REALLY need to access (like my bank).  And YES, they are very much like pod people (at my bank).