[ale] GGI, SDL, Mesa, Oh My!

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Feb 22 17:22:35 EST 2002

I would have to vote for SDL. It is not as technically awe-inspiring as
Mesa's OpenGL, but it was designed for game development. So was ClanLib.
I have had LOTS of compile problems with ClanLib. SDL is often shipped
now with many Distros so that adds another point in its favor. It also
has modules for sound.

SDL also seems to be very well supported. As there are a whole slew of
games using it (my 3 year old LOVES watching Defendguin!) it seems to be
also well recieved.