[ale] Flash/Shockwave and other plug-ins?

David Corbin dcorbin at imperitek.com
Fri Feb 22 06:19:07 EST 2002

What do yo folks do when a site you want to access requires a plug-in.
 I'm not talking about just for some silly "splash screen".  I mean for
it to function.

1) Just installed whatever they want me to.
2) Install it if you know what it is (like Flash)
3) Never installl it, and ignore the site
4) Complain to the site people (are they anything like  pod people?)

I'm less concerned about the Linux vs.Windows issues that show up
(thought that is a concern) than just the basic principles of security.

I'm finding more and more sites that are like this, and frankly it's a
concern.

Thanks
David