[ale] ATLNET

Matt Magee mattmagee.md at netzero.net
Wed Feb 20 07:45:43 EST 2002

I finally lost my dial up to ATLNET last week.
I received the going out of business notice two months ago and have been waiting
for the end.  A few people on the list wanted to know what the status of my
account is, and I since can't remember everyone, I shall post it here to
all.

I have tried to find information on connecting to my
Compuserve 2000 (AOL in disguise) account with Linux, but have only found
info on the "classic" version of Cserve.  Am I still S.O.L.?  I would
just get a new ISP with a standard dial up, but I have been out of (IT) work
since Aug., and my job at Wal Mart doesn't allow for extra expenditures. I am
getting unlimited access with Cserve for $9.95 now.  I signed up as a Beta
tester, so I get all the time I need wihtout paying $20 for unlimited
access.  I even tried Compuserve help.  They did say that they are
looking into Linux, and my request would be forwarded to customer service.
By the tone of the reply, I would say there is still something to the Linux/AOL
rumor.

Thanks to all for your help!