[ale] hackers and thier methods

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 19 19:21:29 EST 2002

You just explined.  I guess this is something like multiple partitions on a
Mainframe.  You need a manager to mange the common resources
shared by each instance of an OS.  You can write protect the drives.
Utilities on the drives may still be used for a DOS attacke or anything
else.

Evey base has to be covered.

cat < /dev/hda1 > /dev/null & cat < /dev/hda1 > /dev/null & cat < /dev/hda1
> /dev/null

Readonly did not protect you from me tkaing your load averges sky high.  DOS